Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Surgery



So tomorrow is the big day for Ava Rose when she's having surgery on her thumb. The children have been so sweet about it and wish she wouldn't have to have it. Talmage and Bruce are fasting for her. I know she is going to be fine--the surgery should only last about 30 minutes. The thought of anesthesia on a 2 month old is a little unnerving though. I remember when Olivia was 11 months old and needed tubes in her ears. It was one of the hardest things I've had to do--hand my baby over to the nurse and helplessly watch as she was taken through those ominous doors. Bruce and I were very impressed with her surgeon, Dr. Leonard. He seems like a great person with decades of experience. We feel blessed that we caught him before he retires next year. Above all, we feel blessed that it is something so minor and easily corrected. We'll keep you in our prayers Ava Rose!

No comments:

Post a Comment