Monday, January 10, 2011

The Inevitable



Yesterday the inevitable happened. We have been fortunate to never have had a vomiting episode outside of the home. Well, yesterday was our day! We were in the back of the gym for Stake Conference and sweet little Boston was sitting on my lap. He told me his tummy 'didn't feel right' and about one minute later it was all over me, him and the floor. I tried to catch it in my skirt. When that happens you are not sure what to do for a second. You really see people's true colors come out. Bruce jumped into action and took Boss out and I headed for paper towels. A sweet lady in front of us didn't miss a beat and was down on her hands and knees cleaning it up, along with Olivia.
On the other hand, a man in the hall was watching us and when he saw my skirt and realized what happened, he started backing away with a mortified look on his face! Can't really blame him.
I am so grateful for the mystery lady who helped out and other good people like her. I hope I would be as charitable in such a situation! She was a great example. There is a lot of good in the world.
Boston is back to himself today--thankfully.
Life would sure being boring without our little gaggle!

5 comments:

  1. so glad you have joined the blogger world...fun to see your cute fam. that ava is adorable!!!! sure miss you and your family! sad i missed the gathering the other night, but i am doing much better today. love you lots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for inviting me! I love it Christy! You have already done and amazing job! The pictures of your kids are soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sad to say - I would have backed off and dry heaved multiple times. Blood - fine. Vomit...wow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You take good photo. I love the pic of Boston jumping on the bed!! About the throw up... what a episode you had. I'm wondering if you can still use the dress :) This is so fun to read... keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll have to teach me all you learn about blogging. I really am not familiar with it all. Thanks for letting me in on all the fun!

    ReplyDelete