Sunday, October 9, 2011

Chasing More Years!

October 9th, another special day in our family--Max turns 12! I remember going for a drive over the AlpineLoop to have lunch with Bruce at Sundance the day before you were born. The colors were amazing and distracted me from the nauseating turns and switchbacks. But that night at 1 a.m. you decided it was time to join our family. Another emergency c-section, but you were absolutely worth it! I can't imagine life without you in it.



I love your sweet, gentle way. I can always count on you being sensitive and empathetic in tricky situations. Your brothers and sisters are drawn to you...you are so full of creativity and fun.


Maxwell, 3, and Olivia, 1,  in Omi's backyard


Maxwell, age 4, with his first pet: a gerbil


Maxwell, age 6, with his first cat, Duke



OK this one didn't go over too well...I've learned to deal with a lot...but I just can't do snakes!


Maxwell, age 9, with his first chick

So if a picture is worth a thousand words, then these tell quite a story--any animal is a friend of yours. I love how caring you are, and your great ability to be a quiet leader. Thanks for loving us, and teaching us so much. So happy you joined us 12 years ago! I love you with all my heart.

Maxwell going frog hunting in California with Ben, his cousin and Uncle Kevin

ALLES GUTE ZUM GEBURTSTAG!!
Keepers!

1 comment:

  1. He is such a beautiful boy. I mean, SERIOUSLY, so beautiful! Happy Birthday, MAX!

    ReplyDelete