Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Gaggle flies the nest and lands in Deutschland

Gruess Gott, as they say here in Bavaria. We've been here 10 days now and somehow I still feel exhausted! Maybe it is due to the 5 weeks of chaos and scrambling it took to get us here. I am continuing to improve though! I have to say THANK YOU to everyone who helped out...I honestly couldn't have done it without you all!!! It feels so right to be here, and I know we are not at the helm of the ship carrying us on this incredible adventure. We miss Max and Tal immensely, but know that they are in great hands and we are so grateful! 

While we are waiting to move into our permanent home, which will not be ready until September 15th, we are trying to relax a bit and enjoy the 'scenery'. Bayern, or Bavaria, is a beautiful area, and it is fun to take this time we have now to get to know it a bit.

Ober Amagau: 
where the Passion Play is put on every ten years; this is a small city of 5000 people, but when it's a year that the play runs, their population doubles. Next show: 2020--book your tickets today!

Ashton and Boss with their first German buddy
Boston picked out his Bayeriesche hat and wears it everywhere. It's a fun tradition here to buy small pins from every village that you visit and collect them on your hat. The kids, and Bruce!, have fun looking for a pin to stick on their hat whenever we visit a new place. 

Love to have you be a part of our journey these next few years--leave a comment and let's keep in touch!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Christy!
    I can't believe you guys moved to Germany! I thought the CA desert was a big change, but nothing compared to out of the country! What's taken you to Germany? It was fun to see a few pictures of you guys! We miss everyone from the ward. Our new ward has so many challenges, that I'm grateful I came from such a functioning ward. Your little Ava is so cute! I bet it's great to have two girls! We just found out we will be having another girl too! Yea! (I'm due in Dec). Anyway great to hear from you and I hope you enjoy your time there. Bryce said to make sure to tell Tal "Hi".
    Love,
    Katie Black

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am taking some credit in preparing the Gunthers for Germany by getting them out of Utah county for a visit or two to SoCal. Ok granted that was over ten years span but that's all they needed.

    We all can't wait to experience with you your grand adventure It's strange there is some cancer research being done in Germany and maybe now I have a place to stay? I will look into it some more but would have to bring my family, make it over christmas, have bruce guide us on a fishing trip and of course go to a bayern munchen game and watch Riberiry (sp- the amazing midfielder from France ) take on the world! The soCal Hegewalds are "all in" for the Gunther world experience. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe you moved to Germany! That is so fun for your family. Im sure it will be a great experience. This was all so sudden. I hope you are doing so well. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to take the Gunther Gaggle euro!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We miss u all already. Kids Village teachers were asking about the Gunthers. We all hope u have fun and return home soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Christy,

    Guten Tag! You are so cool--I love when people are willing to step out into the unknown and try new things! Thanks for being an example of faith and courage. Let's keep in touch! My blog is michelecarnesecca.blogspot.com. Enjoy every minute of your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christy,
    Julie gave me your blog address. I am glad that you made it there safe and sound and are having a great time. I (sometime) blog at johnandkristinhoward.blogspot.com
    If you ever need anything at Deerfield I can help you with, let me know. We will watch out for Max. Tell everyone hi for us.
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I MISS YOU GUYS! I was in Idaho for your going away bash--so sorry to have missed it. I can't wait to follow your adventures. Keep in touch.
    xo
    Crystal

    ReplyDelete